Are you thinking of selling a home without a Realtor? There are several disadvantages to selling your home by owner. You may want to think again!
Selling a Home Without a Realtor May:
- Limit the exposure of your listing to interested buyers.
- Cause your property to stay on the market too long without getting offers.
- Force you to sell at a price below market value.
- Leave you open to liability, if you do not take the proper precautions and have an in depth understanding of the contracts, inspections, and procedures involved.
Here are Some Questions to Ask Yourself When a Selling a Home Without a Realtor:
- Are you pricing your home correctly? Do you know what your home is worth?
- Can you showcase your home on the Internet with the latest technology and marketing tools like virtual tours, panoramic pictures, and open houses?
- Can you discern who is serious about buying your home vs. just looking around?
- Are you knowledgeable about the legal, contractual, and procedural components involved in real estate transactions?
- Do you have the time to arrange appointments and tours for the buyer?
If you are selling a home without a Realtor, you will have to be selective in choosing a buyer, skilled in negotiating the price, inspecting it to avoid problems and gather complete information for an effective close.
Is Commission an Issue When Selling a Home Without a Realtor?
Many sellers feel that they can save money on the realtor’s commission by marketing and be selling the property themselves. Please consider the following:
- The Realtor’s experience and advice on how to showcase and stage your home in preparation for sale will earn you more than the price of the commission by commanding a higher selling price.
- The Realtor’s ability to market your listing digitally and to their personal network can get you a suitable sale that could save you considerable time on the market.
- If your home doesn’t sell, are you prepared to keep it?
- How long will it take you to acquire the legal, contractual, and procedural knowledge of an experienced Realtor?
- If you don’t have real estate knowledge, how much will your potential mistakes cost you in terms of liabilities, lawsuits, and future contingencies with the property you are selling?
By hiring a Realtor, you will save time to focus on the things you do best. You can spare yourself the anxiety, frustration, and regrets of selling a home without a Realtor, and without the necessary knowledge and professional tools to do an outstanding job.
If you are interested in speaking with a Real Estate Broker at Wenzel Select Properties, call us at (630) 430-4790 or fill out the form to the right.