We are often asked the difference between buying a new home vs older home. Wenzel Select Properties put together a list of advantages to buying a new home vs. buying an older home for your review.
Buying a New Home
• If you like the experience of a fresh start, buying a new home may be right for you. Families who buy a new home in a particular area are facing similar challenges and life-changing situations, which draw them together into a community.
• New homes have technological improvements to heating and cooling systems, insulation, construction technology, energy efficiency, etc.
• Newer homes tend to include technology access advancements like pre-wiring for high-speed internet connection or multiple phone lines.
• Ability to decorate the home from scratch like picking your own colors from paint to carpeting. You can even pick your own cabinet styles and countertops.
Buying an Older Home
• Developed landscaping and lush natural surroundings. If you don’t want to deal with landscaping, an older home may be the better choice.
• Character and history of the potential neighborhood.
• Know your potential neighbors before you move in.
• Developed neighborhood. If you don’t want any surprises like a shopping mall or restaurant next to your new home, an older home in a developed area may be the right for you.
• Spend a little less money. Older homes are typically priced a bit lower than new homes.
• Desire more land. Some older homes have larger backyards.
If you have additional questions about buying a new home vs older home, contact a Real Estate Broker at Wenzel Select Properties. You can fill out the form to the right, or call us at (630) 430-4790. Wenzel Select Properties is located in downtown Downers Grove. You can visit our real estate office at 924 Warren Avenue in Downers Grove, Illinois.