If you’re looking to maximize the sale of your home and minimize your effort, you need to work with a real estate agent. We listed five reasons why working with a real estate professional is your best bet to maximize the sale of your home.
1. First impressions are important. Preparing a house to put on the market requires a significant amount of time and effort. Doing it right so it stands out from other homes takes expertise and an understanding of what buyers are looking for. A real estate agent will consider:
• Artwork or pictures
• Landscaping to boost curb appeal
• What wall colors are most appealing to buyers?
2. Real estate agents have tools to maximize exposure. Social media and agency resources ensure your home is viewed by as many prospective buyers as possible. Currently, homes for sale are receiving 3.8 offers on average per sale, according to recent data from the National Association of Realtors (NAR).
Real estate agents utilize several marketing tools including social media, MLS website marketing, targeted emails, video virtual tours, print and digital advertising, and much more! These leveraging tools used by your agent may help boost your sale price as well.
3. Real estate agents know the fine print. Your agent has been through the process several times before and can be your guide to avoid any costly mistakes.
Today, more disclosures and regulations are mandatory for selling a home, and your real estate agent will guide you through the process. They’ve been through the process before and can be your guide to avoid any costly missteps.
4. Agents know the market and how to price your home. Real estate agents have the tools and experience to compare your house to recently sold homes in your area. They also understand the market at large and can factor in any upgrades you’ve completed to your home. Combining these factors is the key to making sure your home is priced to move quickly and at a competitive price.
5. Your agent is an expert negotiator. He or she knows how to negotiate every aspect of a deal. They also know all the parties that will be involved with the sale, including:
• The buyer, who wants the best deal possible.
• The buyer’s agent, who will use their expertise to advocate for the buyer.
• The inspection company, which works for the buyer and will almost always find concerns with the house.
• The appraiser, who assesses the property’s value to protect the lender.
Selling a home takes time, effort, and expertise. Visit our Home Selling Tips page. Contact a real estate professional at Wenzel Select Properties today! Call 630.430.4790.